Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Red Is In

... in Starbucks coffee branches, that is.

Christmas at Starbucks 2009

It's that time of the year when everywhere you look, you see red (i.e. from tumblers to mugs to paper cups to (overhead) menus to barista shirts). I'm not too keen with this year's paper cups design and I can't help but miss last year's design. But I digress. This also means that the promo cards to be used to collect stickers for the Starbucks Limited Edition Planner are out. This year, one has to purchase 9 featured holiday beverages and 8 other beverages of your choice. The three featured holiday drinks (Dark Cherry Mocha, Toffee Nut Latte, and Peppermint Mocha) aren't really new and are just making a comeback.

As for the planner... We've had a look and feel of the planner and have come to say this: I like it that I cannot decide which cover design to choose. If last year, we were given 3 colors (red, blue, and black) to choose from. This year, we are given 3 cover designs (coffee bean plant, coffee beans roasting, and an espresso shot) to decide on. In addition, each cover has it's own texture as well (rough, knotted surface for the coffee beans roasting shot, sanded leather-like for the coffee bean shot, and velvety sking for the espresso shot). The planner comes with coupons (6 of these), very much like that of 2006's. It's light and handy, so there's no problem with me carrying it around. Checking the insides, it looks as if it's based on a business-type planner. It's not a good thing for me because I like a journal-type since I like listing down my things-to-do and writing down thoughts here and there. Other than that, I'd say this planner passes my taste.

Red... Peppermint Mocha... Planner closeup look. Hmm.. Could be why I am on a high today?

1 comment:

Debbie said...

same sentiment with them being business type planners... and can't decide which to get I like all! sadly for me, my card still has 1 sticker (+1 free) since I first gotten it! Haha good luck na lang sa akin! I'm not into drinking starbucks kasi! I just want the planner. ☺ Imagine the planner costs more than a thousand pesos!? Haha 17 drinks! 16 cos got 1 free sticker pala.