Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Dawn of the Girl's Generation (SNSD)

Neomuneomu meotjyeo nuni nuni busyeo
Sumeul mot swigesseo tteollineun girl
Gee Gee Gee Gee Baby Baby Baby
Gee Gee Gee Gee Baby Baby Baby


...gibberish? It's actually the first few lines from a Korean song which you may have already heard. It's from the song "Gee" by the Girl's Generation and I assure you that once you hear it, it's gonna be stuck in your head ^^.



I had no idea what this group was about until I caught a glimpse of their music video and got hooked @_@. If you loved the Wonder Girls' "Nobody" then you will also love this group! I won't be comparing these two groups nor do I need to make them clash as I like them both <3, the world can't have too many cute girls right? :D


So_Nyeo_Shi_Dae_SNSD_Girls_Generation_19072009090359

Girl's Generation is an all girl group (of course!) from South Korea which is composed of nine members, namely: Yoona, Tiffany, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Seohyun, Taeyeon, Jessica, and Sunny formed together by SM Entertainment back in 2007. They are also referred to as SNSD, based from their Korean name So Nyeo Shi Dai. There is also a trivia that this group is the counterpart for an all male group known as Super Junior.

What I like about this group is that they are talented in singing and dancing. Hold it! But that's a given you would say... yes that's true, but I think these Korean groups bring a different kind of talent to the mix. But given the fact that they've been around since 2007 and we just heard of them will probably attribute to 2 factors IMO... the group Wonder Girls paved the way for Korean pop industry and the success of their own song "Gee".

Here's a video of the same song Gee, but in this version you can see the entire dance and how well the choreography actually is. The way they travel around the stage is impressive and fluid, the timing and synchronization are also well executed... all while maintaining that cute factor *nosebleeds*.




Guys, try not to get distracted by those legs! ^^


Now here are some of their famous singles... and some, just my favorites (though I don't understand anything :p).

Into The New World
This is their debut single back in August 2007 and a very nice song if I may add.


Kissing You
Their second single was released during early 2008, which was supposed to have done very well but personally I prefer some of their other songs.


Baby Baby
This third single released on March 2008 is somewhat mellow but is nonetheless catchy. Easy on the ears as they put it.


Him Nae! (Way To Go!)
One of my favorites... it is upbeat and seems to contain enough magic dusts to brighten up a bad day. Released along with Gee in January 2009.


Tell Me Your Wish (Genie)
Sowoneul Malhaebwa... introduced at July 2009, Girls' Generation have been fulfilling wishes with their new performance. But no doubt that SM Entertainment is getting the riches without wishing for it.


[EDIT]
HaHaHa
Added this video which I originally intended to leave out. Now I felt regret after I heard it again *bows in shame* T-T. I found 2 versions for the HaHaHa video, one is the original MV released and another shot in Incheon Airport (just the sound makes me crave for Ma-Ling :9)

Note: Below is an excerpt from the video description made by KPOPMV010 since I have exactly the same thoughts.
I really like this version of Girls Generation HaHaHa since it looks random although its not. specially invited fans were used as extras, while filming took 10 hours to do. It would have been great if it was completely impromptu.


That's it for now... if you were left unsatisfied, you might want to know they still have other songs out there ^^. Let me know what you think of them and which songs you liked alright? ;)


girls-generation-images_16917

5 comments:

ji said...

My 2 cents:

Cute dance steps, cute clothes, cute members. A good formula for a pop group I'd say. :)

My favorite song would have to be Tell Me Your Wish (Genie).

JaMiH said...

HaHaHa

raichua said...

thanks Jamih for making me realize my error @HaHaHa :p

Grace said...

watching it at first, wasn't satisfied... love the dance, fashion styles, and the looks... but not the song. however, after watching it 2-3 times (because author was explaining certain parts of the video that made me watch again), i realize that it grows on you... hehehe. sad to say, only a few can relate to this song. For now, that is...

raichua said...

it was the dance :p~

I don't know why but while searching for related articles I got the impression they were doing a LOT better in other countries, especially compared to 2NE1 XD