Friday, September 25, 2009

Post-MIBF 2009

I've recently been flooding this blog of event posts mainly because these are events I, myself want (or wanted) to be a part of. Unluckily for me (in as much as there are people willing to accompany me), it was just impossible to catch a Cine Europa movie because of time constraint. We did try, we just failed. *cries* And since I am currently swamped with work-related stuff, I didn't try to ask anyone anymore if they wanted to catch one of those Korean film fest entries with me. That's two missed film fest opportunities.

Nonetheless, as a consolation, I was able to go to that Manila International Book Fair (held at SMX Convention Hall of SM Mall of Asia) last Saturday. The good thing here is that I dragged not just Rai but also some of our college friends to the said fair. Coincidentally, Kulit was also inside the convention hall that time we were there, thus, making the whole accidental meetup seem like a mini-reunion of some sort.

MIBF '09 -11MIBF '09 -10
*someone's semi-sleeping on the first pic LOL*

As for the real reason I was there... Yes, the book fair did not disappoint. There were good deals and there were good deals all around. For Php20 as an entrance fee, you get to devour books to your heart's content or buy discounted books and even get some of these signed by their authors.

MIBF '09 -05MIBF '09 -04
MIBF '09 -03
MIBF '09 -02MIBF '09 -01

I only had an hour though to check out the all the booths and honestly, I wasn't able to do just that. Instead, I went straight to those that I was really raring to visit and spent the rest of my time to see the other booths.
[The following 4 images were taken using a camera phone]
MIBF '09 -09MIBF '09 -08
MIBF '09 -07MIBF '09 -06
From where I got my purchases

How was my loot, you might ask? Well. I didn't get to bring home as much as I wanted to (aside from having limited time, I also had limited funds) but...

It's all good. In fact, this early, I can't wait for next year's! :)

3 comments:

Debbie said...

parang reunion nga haha :)

I haven't been to any book fair! Keep me posted for next year :)

ji said...

hahah @ parang reunion. talagang sa book fair pa. ;))

yep, i'll update you. hopefully, you can come with me/us next time :)

Debbie said...

thanks :) hopefully!!