Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away

disclaimer: so as not to confuse the readers with the post below, this blog is not just about me and rai's interests, it's also about our sentiments too.

Most people close to me know how I dislike the rain.

It's because... I like blue and I like looking at fluffy clouds. Gray clouds give me that gloomy and heavy feeling. It may be weird for some people to hear of weather affecting someone's mood, but it does to me.

Because rainy days make people want to just stay indoors but because we have things to attend to, we can't do just that. A commuter then faces the following dilemma: how to get to his destination in one piece. Often, the scenario is: most public utility vehicles are full to the brink that the commuter decides to just walk. If the commuter is fortunate enough to get a seat at his chosen puv, his fortune ends there because next thing the commuter knows, he is stuck in traffic and the next best thing to do is, again, just walk. He then encounters the used-to-be-ankle-deep-now-waist-deep water on the streets. By this time, he must be anything but soaking wet. Talk about inconvenience.

Because I can't enjoy taking a bath as much as I usually do. Cold water is hard to tolerate that it cuts short my bath time. I can always use hot water instead and just face the consequence (that chilly feeling once you get out of the bathroom) after.

Because I don't like bringing an umbrella with me.

Yes, my reasons aren't exactly the best ones to influence someone to not like rain as well anymore (not like I plan to do that). And as much I have discussed these things, I admit: rainy days isn't all that bad.

Rain's the perfect excuse to laze around in fact it's actually the best time to self-indulge at home.

And so while there's non-stop rain outside, let me do just these (something that i terribly missed doing): drown the pitter-patter sound with some soulful music, snuggle in my bed, and get back to reading Jodi Picoult's The Pact.

No comments: